12.06.2007

Omaha Shootings

A friend of mine who lives in Nebraska was working at the mall while everything with the shooting was happening.

This is posted with her permission:

+++++

Dec 5, 2007 8:36 PM

I was there. It was awful.

Little old ladies were running (RUNNING!) for their lives.

After I shut my gate to my store... and hid in the shelter of the bathroom... I shook from head to toe and was literally scared to death... and then as I peeped my head out... I saw ATF and FBI and Omaha PD with MACHINE GUNS and they were using my store as protection as they look for the 'perp'. (he was still at large)

I grabbed my stuff in haste and fled the store with FBI agents with SHIELDS.

I was petrified and saddened because I knew by watching the news in my store that there were already TWO confirmed dead.

They shuttled us to a secluded hallway... where after they completely secured JCPENNEY, they shuttled us in to there... my friend, Sam, and I cut in front of a line of almost 200 people (mostly mall employees) and gave a statement and were then permitted to leave.

As we left the mall... I saw more police vehicles and ATF agents than I've ever seen in my life and every single one would stop us and question us and make sure (which is kind of relief considering the situation).

Once we were finally outside the confines of Westroads.... I couldn't help but feel somber and completely saddened by all that I had witnessed.

Like the lady covered in blood from the gunshot wounds of her now deceased husband.

and why? because some poor kid apparently didn't get hugged enough and decided he wanted to "go out in style".

Guess what ASShole... Style is not causing grief to everyone and inflicting fear in the American public.

You were selfish and awful.
You deserve to rot in hell.

ok. i'm at the bar right now and sad and it's taking everything not to cry....... at the loss that Omaha has suffered.

2 comments:

AcidGurl said...

Glad your friend wasn't physically hurt in the whole ordeal.

Anonymous said...

yeah... i wish that sounded better... but honestly... it was after a pitcher of margarita's and i had just started in on the Captain... apparently everyone thought I needed a drink... but really... all i wanted to do was go home and park myself in front of CNN. Sara brought her laptop to the bar and I was watching all the things flowing into CNN and on to myspace and that was my response to another friends Bulletin. a few people saw MY response and started posting IT as a bulletin! It was just my brief recap of what we had been through.
trust me... I'M SO HAPPY and fortunate to be alive.
thanks for caring. ;)
~jack