11.19.2007

There's no place like Nome for the Holidays...

So anyway - I've got this problem with the Holidays.
No Holiday specifically, just "The Holidays," in general. Seems I get in this festive funk sometime around Thanksgiving, and it ends somewhere around the end of January or early February.

I'm not saying that it's right - but that's what it is. I don't know if it's the fact that I live alone, the fact that I'm divorced, or what.

It can't be any of those things, actually. This has been happening to me since I can remember. (But to my defense, I can't really remember a whole lot before about a year or so ago...)

I wish there was some way to get over all of the shit that runs through my head. There just isn't. I've tried - as far as I can remember. haha.

So anyway - if I'm irritable, annoying, stubborn, or just a humongous pain-in-the-ass - get over it.

This too, shall pass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember there are people who love you.

Anonymous said...

Something major must have happened to you during this time of year.

Hey it IS THANKSGIVING soon. You should make a list on your blog of all the things you are thankful for and it might lift your blue mood.

I hope you get through it soon. Old you is better than new, sad you.

:P

Anonymous said...

i am SO with you on this one. ask anyone... i pretty much suck and hibernate from like NOW until March. bah humbug.
thanksgiving sucks since my parents split up... and my bf died and i spent ALOT of them w/ her... and I've always hated X-MAS... bring on spring, baby... and hot boys on motorcycles. Ok... I'm pretty sure YOU don't wish for that. but I sure the hell do!
~jack

Damama T said...

If you haven't done so, please look up Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD. It's real and it can be deadly. My ex-boss's stepfather killed himself in mid-winter in Alaska... He was kind, fun, and a delight the rest of the year...

Here's the Mayo Clinic's info page on it: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195

Please take these yearly bouts seriously. In his case, they got worse as he aged until at 66 he did the unthinkable!

Peace, Blessings, and LOTS OF LIGHT in your day. :)

http://damama2all.blogspot.com/