9.05.2007

my post to the apple forum

I just don't get it Apple. You used to be the good guys...

I'm not upset that you lowered the price on the iPhone.
I'm not upset that you're going in your own forums, and deleting people's posts.
I'm not upset my original 40gb iPod cost $499.00.
I'm not upset that you pushed back Leopard.
I'm not upset that 6 months after I bought it, my 17" MacBook Pro got cooler.
I'm not even upset that I can't replace the battery on my iPhone.

I'm upset that you're acting like Microsoft.

This isn't you.
This isn't helping to "restore a sense of childlike wonder" to people.
This isn't Thinking Different.

This is thinking like every other company out there.

You sold me a product - and I bought it. I don't regret it. I LOVE my iPhone. It has lived up to ALL of the hype - and then some. I show it off to family, friends - even total strangers... (They ask ME if they see me using it.)

I've bought your products since I've had a job. From the Macintosh IIsi, to the Newton MessagePad, to a Centris 650, to a Blue G3, to a MacMini, iPod, iPod Shuffle, AirPort, my 17" MacBook Pro (2.33), and finally my 8gb iPhone.

To be kicked in the nuts today - to the tune of depreciating almost THREE DOLLARS per day has soured me.

I called AT&T - via their 611 Customer Service number - they essentially told me I was out of luck. I adopted your product on iDay (A day that will live in infamy...) from my local AT&T Store. 50 days past their cutoff.

I expected that response from them. After all - their slogan isn't "Think Different," so why should they??

I called 1-800-MY-APPLE, and spoke to a tremendously nice woman. I empathized with her position today. I told her that I couldn't believe that Apple was doing this - as they never have.

She said that most of the calls she was receiving today were from people who had purchased the iPhone in the past 14 days. I find that hard to believe - but that's what she said.

She understood my frustration - but told me that there was nothing that she could do.

I wasn't about to, "Kill the messenger," so I thanked her for her time, and asked if she'd convey my disappointment to the "higher ups."

She said that she'd definitely talk to her supervisor, and tell him about mine, as well as the other calls she received today.

With that - I hung up.

Maybe this is one of those times where you're mad at someone, and you sit down and write a letter - getting everything out - and you instantly feel better - so you never send it....

Then again maybe not.

Shame on you Apple Inc.,

I think we just broke up.

0 comments: